An introduction to the art of Stop Motion Animation – Workshop with Miss Nat
Orientation- History of Animation
- handle 18th Century animation wheels
- handle super 8 film and are shown how a film projector operates
- handle retro view finders and discuss how the story is developed
Characters and props
- Students are encouraged to model their own characters from plasticine
- Students are instructed on how to build a miniature film set
- Students then construct their unique background and foreground
Story & Script
- Students are introduced to film genre
- Ideas are discussed in groups
Roles- Students are encouraged to develop roles
- Model mover
Introduction to Editing, Sound & Special Effects
- Windows Movie Maker
- Pinnacle Studio
Students are encouraged to work in groups of two or three depending on age, ability and creativity. Encouragement and assistance are given to develop their personal best in 4 hours.
Mini screening of completed works by whole group and discussion.
All finished animations will be uploaded onto Cloud ready to be downloaded and enjoyed by the whole family, or be saved on a student’s personal USB.